Monday, August 1, 2011

Poems of Infatuation (My Version of Shakespeare's a Summer's Day)

My Poem to Jack and his Poem Back

William Shakespeare - Sonnet #18

(Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?)
Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And Summer's lease hath all too short a date: Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, And oft' is his gold complexion dimm'd; And every fair from fair sometime declines, By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd: But thy eternal Summer shall not fade Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest; Nor shall Death brag thou wanderest in his shade, When in eternal lines to time thou growest: So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see, So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.


To:
I want a face that is only my own
a face that only I can hone
Others can only look and admire
I truly hope to inspire
charm and grace
in another’s mind, heart, and face.

Back:
although oceans apart
you truly touch a part
of me that evokes and instills
a deepness of emotion, that needs no drugs or pills
because we have our own truly amazing body-chemicals
of not just lust and insatiable thrills
but of meaning, of thought, a connection that spills

No comments:

Post a Comment